1. Saudi Arabia; has very stringent regulations regarding witchcraft and witchcraft activities. The punishment of those found guilty of witchcraft can range from life term to the death penalty.
2. Tanzania: Tanzania is a land of some very different beliefs. One is of witch doctors and albino body parts are good ingredients for the magical potions the witches concoct. As a result, albinos in Tanzania face widespread persecution. Close to 1000 people are executed every year for witchcraft practice in the country.
3. Papua New Guinea: Burning women accused of witchcraft has been so alarmingly prevalent in Papua New Guinea that a law was passed by the government to prohibit burning those suspected of performing dark magic.
4. Zambia: Definitively witchcraft is alive and well in rural Zambia.
A sick Zambians can get back on their feet after a visit from the local witchdoctor, or rather traditional healer.
5. Kenya: Here they post ads, printed on A3 paper for waganga (witchdoctors) offering assistance mainly in matters of business, money, love and infertility.
6. Gambia: In 2009, more than 1000 people accused of being witches were locked out in a hidden location and forced to drink dangerous hallucinating pieces, according to the human rights organization, Amnesty International.
7. India: In rural India, mostly villages, Black Magic and Witchcraft are still believed. Women fall victim to witch-hunts in such parts. Women in villages are beaten, stripped, and publicly murdered by people.
8. South Africa: In April 2015, villagers in Mpumalanga hamlet beat and raped a lady accused of witchcraft nude. The cops stood useless in the face of the women’s torment. Thembekile Ngubane, 59, was forced to swallow fuel after lighting himself on fire in February 2015.
9. Cameroon: They still believe in Ghost and religious beliefs. The region’s inhabitants have gone on protests and rampages destroying homes, places of worship, and suspected witches.
10. Congo: Innocent people are targeted by witch-hunts in the name of a “god.” In Congo, increasing numbers of children are being abused and killed in the name of witchcraft and black magic. People alleged to be witches in the country are being given the harshest death penalties.
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT